Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day Seven- Suprises

"When God starts to move, the best we can hope to do is go along for the ride."
                                                              -'The Heavenly Man', by Paul Hattaway

I am learning so much from the people here. Learning how to study, to share in abundance. Learning how to serve, how to eat well, how to be thankful...how to love. It seems every corner I turn, I am met with another experience or interaction that alters the way I look at this world. Every hour I am realizing in greater detail how very much I don't know. Every conversation I have humbles my heart as I look around at a group of individuals so human and yet so utterly full of love and passion. I doubt I will return to the States anything but changed.

This place has stolen my heart. Correction- God has stolen my heart again. I did not ask for this trip, these blessings of this love, nor do I deserve any of it. It is as if He has been eagerly planning and awaiting the time to surprise me, knowing all along the delight it would bring. Fully aware of the timing and the details of all I would encounter here to change me. Jesus, lover of my soul:)
I love surprises. And His are the best of all.

 "I will praise you forever for what you have done;
   in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
   I will praise you in the presence of your saints." -Ps. 52:9

No comments:

Post a Comment