Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day Five- Sunshine

:) I am happy tonight. God blessed me with so much fun today! The morning went great with the children..I am really growing to love them more and more.. and in the afternoon after classes we all headed down to the beach again to play. The water is SO warm! I couldn't believe I was in an ocean-the water is at least 85 degrees.
One of the students and I began playing frisbee amidst the huge crowd in the water and it wasn't long before twenty or so boys from the large group wanted to join in and play too. They all had such a spirit of joy and laidback fun it was hard not to smile. Being able to laugh and enjoy a game together despite only being able to speak a few broken phrases back and forth was a new experience for me. We even helped to teach a few of them how to toss the frisbee as we went along, since the locals were no good at all. :) Much better when it comes to soccer and football.

I miss home alot, and hugs before bed, but I seem to have collected a bucketful of siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents. I'm tired now and then, but its incredible how God has been uplifting and rejuvinating my spirit. God is so good, so mighty, and so worthy of our all. And when the day is done, no matter where I am, He is the reason for this smile on my face.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." -James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment