Monday, April 11, 2011

Day Four- Monkeys and Boys.

I might end up just posting early in the morning from now on, since no one is really scrambling to use the WiFi here then. No one except the New Yorker who cant seem to stay asleep past 4 am.

We woke up to a brilliant red sunrise yesterday, which I expected to mean bad weather, but instead we recieved a gorgeous sunny day! Schoolwork with the kids started at 8 and went very well, we were able to get extra work done and finish ahead of scehdule too. Thank you for your prayers!

News for the day:
The kids and I saw our first wild monkeys! They were hanging off an electric wire just outside the hotel property. I was so bummed I didnt have my camera with me at the time, but maybe they'll come back again today. We were so excited.

Also, around 11 am yesterday two buses pulled up in front of the place we are staying, and began unloading passengers. We watched out of the classroom window as more and more people piled off... every single one of them boys. Yes, our hotel is now currently the home of between 150 and 200 teenage boys. It seems like a group from an all boys school, but I'm not sure. Its crazy.


The sunset was so beautiful last night...I'll see if I can get a picture up to share. I'm anxious to see what God has to teach me today. Learning to be flexible and loving even when I don't understand completely seems to be the lesson I am learning for now. Please continue in prayer for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment