Friday, April 1, 2011

Blessed by the Body of Christ!

Our God is SO good. I will never be able to say that enough times or enough ways, but He truly is.

Tonight I was priviledged to speak at my grandparents church in Vestal, NY about my trip in January. It was a night full of fellowship and praise to the God we all come together to glorify. I was told I would have a full 20 minutes to speak, (far longer than I've ever spoken publically before) so last night and this morning I spent quite a bit of time learning how to put together a powerpoint presentation to share. It was quite the crash course.
God truly answered my prayers in giving me the words to speak as well as the boldness to speak them tonight. I had been feeling light headed all afternoon for some reason, but the moment I began to speak God gave me physical strength and an emotional peace. I am not exaggerating...even as I walked up to the front I felt so faint. But God truly stood there beside me! It was such a blessing to me to be given the opportunity to share some the wonders that God has worked in my life lately, and I hope the people there were blessed even half as much as I was.

Just as I was finishing my presentation, the pastor stepped up and announced that they wanted to take a love offering in support of my trip. I was honestly suprised and so grateful! They asked how much I had left to raise, and I said about $150.
By the end of the night I had more than double that. $325.
HOW INCREDIBLE IS OUR GOD?!

To all those who came and fellowshipped, shared, and gave of their precious time and money tonight. Thank you! I have truly been so blessed by your touch on my life.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. " -Colossians 3:15-16

1 comment:

  1. I truly feel that God is calling you somewhere into ministry because what you say is so clear and so true to Gods words. I have learned so many things from you through Christ. Ultimately, he gets the praise for it, but he truly blessed you with a strong heart for him.

    ReplyDelete