Friday, April 15, 2011

Day Eight - Living Water

"Just as water ever seeks and fills the lowest place, so the moment God finds the creature abased and empty, His glory and power flow in to exalt and to bless." -Andrew Murray

I found this quote today and became so excited because I feel as if it describes exactly the path my journey here has taken. I was empty, so empty the night Mrs. Kathy brought the opportunity to come here to my attention. I was broken down, knocked to my knees again.  But just as the oceans tide flows to the lowest point, so God's Living Water will flow into the place that the rest of the world seems to overlook and pass by. And He did! He is still in the process of healing, but He truly has filled me to the brim with His blessings and joy.
God loves to fill those who are lowly and broken down, because so often it takes us getting to that point of emptiness to truly look upwards to be filled.

"Jesus answered her, 'If you knew the gift of God and who it was that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.'" -John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment