Monday, April 18, 2011

Day Eleven - Teacher

Great day with the kids today...they all completed their schoolwork quickly and I have to admit, it is a whole lot of fun watching little ones grasp the basic elements of phonics. I used to help a little with Liams reading when he was younger, just not this consistently. At first I only found myself becoming frustrated as we went along, but with time, God has really been teaching me patience as well as flexibility. (If youre reading along Mr. D, Ive learned MUCH about these two things!) Now I am just so grateful for all the time I've been able to teach these children, because it is so true- the teacher ends up being the one taught.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” -Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment