Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day Three- Beautiful Rain

I wasnt able to post yesterday because the internet connection was poor, so I thought I'd write something quick since I have been up since 3am working on schoolwork and could use a break:)

Covered walkways
Yesterday was great, waking up to a beautiful rain drenching the world around us with new life. There are very few times I can think of a rain being so lovely. All of the walkways at the place we are staying are covered by tin roofing, so no one had to worry about getting too wet, although if you did happen to, the water was warm enough it felt wonderful.

Egg/pancake dish and cook
Last night for dinner a group of us walked down to the outdoor mall again and had real local food which was so good! I liked the fact that since we are not in a touristy area, that we truly ate just as the locals do, no special treatment. My two favorite dishes, which a friend told us were things you must try when visiting Asia, were "pulled tea" and a sort of egg-pancake dish they made by frying on a huge hot slate. They made both dishes right in front of us which was like watching an artist hard at work. So great!

Alright its almost 7am here so I gotta head to breakfast. Today is the first day of schooling with the kids, so if you could pray for that going according to Gods will and bringing Him glory, I would appreciate it so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment