Friday, April 8, 2011

Day One

"So open wide the arms youre given,
You're too alive to just stand still
Open wide your heart as you breathe in,
You're too alive to just stay here."
            -'open wide' by Future of Forestry

SO happy to be here! Everything went smoothly today-thanks to God!-traveling was safe and even fairly comfortable, I met the family at the airport no problemo, my luggage made it successfully to me at my final destination, and every square inch of this place that I can take in thus far is GORGEOUS...I keep catching myself staring, enraptured by my surroundings over and over again. As I strode off the plane this afternoon simply beaming, I laughed to myself and said to Jesus, "You really get so much pleasure out of doing things like this through your children, don't You?.." 
He is so great:)

I had alot of caffeine on my last, short flight, so when I walked out of the airport with loads of energy I believed myself to have conquered jet lag and not be in its grip this time around. I was happy and energetic and proud of my seemingly incredible adaptability skills.
I was mistaken.
I am determined to stay up till at least eight tonight. I'll let you know how that goes. Dinner is at seven so that will help for motivation. For now I gotta get off this bed or I'm done for. ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment