Monday, April 4, 2011

Life Most Alive

"Beloved, a Daniel life - out there and exposed to God's glory - quickens every nerve ending. It's not the pain-free life. It's not the safe-at-a-distance life. But Beloved, it is the life most alive." -Beth Moore

I am gradually becoming more excited at the same time that I am more loath to leave. When I left in January I didn't realize the amount that I would miss my family and my home while I was away, and coming home it felt as if years had passed. Every spare moment that I can, I've been spending with my siblings these past few days. The moments feel precious and at the same time, rapidly speeding away.
I'm also becoming nervous as my journey draws closer. I have confidence that God will hold me in His hands and keep me physically safe, but it is the being alone that I feel unprepared for. God is teaching me though. He seems to be finding every opportunity possible to teach me more faith and utter reliance on Him lately. It may be scary and uncertain at times, but as Beth Moore put it, "it is the life most alive."

My God walks with me. I have nothing to fear:)

" The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -Deuteronomy 31:8

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
   he delivered me from all my fears." -Psalm 34:4 (thanks Mrs. R!)

No comments:

Post a Comment