Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day Nine and Ten- Relaxing

Yesterday was our day to relax and be touristy! We rode a bus out to a local historical site and spent our day exploring, sight seeing, and just enjoying one another's complany. It was great. I learned so much just in interactions with the group and hearing their stories, let alone all of the history we soaked in from the area.
It really hit me yesterday how much I am going to miss being here. The people, this place, the learning, relationships, and the laughter..I've really become so attached. I do miss my family though, so I look forward to seeing them. But anyways, I'm sure I'll write more about that later...I still have five more days!

Today is another day of rest...we spent most of the morning at the beach in the gorgeous, hot sun. We also went tubing, which was such a thrill on the ocean! The little man who drove the boat has been driving past for days now asking if any of the kids wanted to ride, and seemed pretty excited when we said yes today. I liked him alot:) Our ride brought back loads of memories from lifeguarding last summer. Checking everyone's lifejackets, helping kids on the tube, then the spray of the water, the laughter all around..it was wonderful. 

Then tonight we held a time of praise and worship on the beach as we watched the sun go down. It was so special...the beauty of fellowship amidst so many different cultures, gathered in One Mighty Name. I want to hold onto that memory forever.

"From the rising of the sun to the setting of the same, may the Name of the LORD be praised!"

No comments:

Post a Comment