Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day Two- Noodles, Crabs, and Sleepyheads

"It is not great men who change the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Today has been great. It really flew by quickly! This morning we had delicious noodles for breakfast (which I loved) and then hit the beach for a while. I wasn't too tired in the morning, having slept very well, but after lunch I felt so wiped. I know the jet lag will wear off soon enough so I am not worried. However my brain feels kinda fuzzy now as I write so this, so if this entry comes out a little bit askew, that would be why.

Oh one thing that was really neat today was a group of us walked down to the local shops down the street to look around. I haven't exchanged money yet so I couldn't buy anything but there was a 7-Eleven and another convenience store, a few clothing shops, a photography store, a tech shop, and a couple resturants which smelled soo yummy. Hopefully I'll have a chance to eat something there during our stay!

If Liam (my brother) gets a chance to read this, I wanted to tell him that there are some pretty sweet plants and animals here. Last night when we went down to the beach at sunset the beach was simply covered with teeny crabs (not like VA crabs) and one of them even sliced me on the foot! I was so surprised I squeaked and jumped. Learned my lesson that although sunsets are beautiful, its best viewed from the rocks, not the sand.

God is really pouring knowledge into me already with the modgepodge of cultures I am encountering here. I can't wait until this brain-fuzziness wears off and I can really begin to absorb it all:) But goodness, do I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment