Sunday, March 27, 2011

Heart in His Hands

"I have, at all times, felt a disposition to leave it with God, and trust in Him to direct me. I have at length come to the conclusion, that if nothing in providence appears to prevent, I must spend my days in a heathen land. I am a creature of God, and he has an undoubted right to do with me, as seemeth good in his sight. I rejoice, that I am in his hands--that he is everywhere present, and can protect me in one place as well as in another. He has my heart in his hands, and when I am called to face danger, to pass through scenes of horror and distress, he can inspire me with fotitude, and enable me to trust in him. Jesus is faithful; his promises are precious.....whether I spend my days in India or America, I desire to spend them in the service of God, and be prepared to spend an eternity in his presence. O Jesus, make me live to thee, and I desire no more." -Ann Judson, first female missionary to Asia

I leave in 10 days for the other side of the world.
Alone.
God told me He wanted me there 7 days ago.
...Come again?

I have been so blown away by the ways that God has been working in my life lately that I needed to share it somehow. So if you're reading this now, plan on sitting down when you read. I serve an amazing God who still works wonders and miracles in the 21st century. I serve a God who moves mountains in the lives of His children, when they come desiring nothing more than to know Him and serve His glorious Name. I serve a God who is HUGE enough to pick me up from one side of planet earth and place me down on the other side like its nothing. And yet that same God has held my weary, broken heart in His hands more times than I can count, and has patiently sewn me back together time and again. I am nothing on my own. Just one more set of feet traipsing across this world. But with Him in His mighty hands, I am -and will be- all that He wants me to be.

'"For nothing is impossible with God."
"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said.'" -Matthew 1:37-38

1 comment:

  1. Kelly your heart is so beautiful, God is and will continue to do amazing works through you, this I am most confident in. Please keep posting. This is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete