Tuesday, June 25, 2013

His Voice

"With the utterance of [God's] Voice, creation takes form, chaos yields to order, light eclipses darkness and emptiness fills with life." -The Voice commentary

I am broken, chaotic and messy. My God is glorious, mighty and faithful. If you don't know Him, you should. There is nothing similar to the knowledge that your heavenly Father is walking with you, faithfully pursuing you and patiently waiting to guide you even when you are the one who has walked away. It has been quite some time now since I have consistently been walking in step with God...quite some time since the feeling of being burnt out has ebbed away. Quite some time since the chaos of life and the emptiness that comes from living it my way have been surrendered to my Almighty Savior. But He never changed, and He never left my side. And only now am I finding the place where I can testify to that again.
I posted a few times during school this past year, during a few snapshot moments where I was truly able to see my Lord speaking into the world surrounding me and causing things to take place. It was a school year of countless blessings and many trials as well. Many of those trials were times of brokenness where I never quite had the space or breathing room to heal afterwords, and yet I begged Jesus to please just allow me to find that time. Please Jesus, allow me to find healing and restoration after a year that simply knocked the wind out of me. As I looked toward the beginning of this summer, I was skeptical of finding that rest, and even scared of being pushed to that burnt place again. The first month back I still felt broken, still longing for life to pause long enough for me to actually breathe, and still not trusting that God knew my desperate need. I figured that since it had been so long since I had consistently been faithful to Him, He must not have been able to hear my heart.

But here's the thing. He did hear. The whole time.
He had been speaking. Every day.
And with the utterance of His voice, the chaos, the darkness, and the emptiness I have battled with is finally beginning to flee.

I don't mean to make this more complicated or wordy than it needs to be. All I am hoping to get across is that Jesus Christ is alive today and so incredibly faithful. He wants us in our brokenness and has never walked away, even from a mess like me. If you are in a place of discouragement, or exhaustion, or painful loneliness- know that He sees you, right where you're at. And He longs to speak softly into your world, if only you would look and listen. If only you would let your hurt carry you to His arms, rather than away. It doesn't matter how long it has been, or if you've never heard Him speak at all. It didn't matter for me. He is waiting for us to pause, to call Him Lord, and believe that He gave every ounce of Himself for just the hope of walking with us. He longs for you to not merely know that, but for you to believe that. Bank on that. Dwell on that. Because in that truth hides something even more. If He gave everything, simply to make speaking into your life possible- how much more is He yearning to speak to you now in your brokenness?

No comments:

Post a Comment