Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." -James 1:17


TRES SEMANAS MÁS!


It seems strange that three weeks from now I'll be on a long plane flight to another hemisphere. The past few days have been full to the brim as I've been thinking about how very close this trip is.


A friend asked me yesterday if I was all set for Peru, and though I wasn't sure of the answer as far as finances go, it hit me that there were other questions to be answered behind that thought. Am I ready to leave? Ready to be uncomfortable again? Ready to really stretch and change?
As I continued to think about this, slowly a smile began to break across my face. I smiled because it was then I realized that I am not ready to leave home yet. That I am soaking in more blessings right now than I can even express...in big ways and countless little ways...and its going to take me a few weeks to really be able to soak that in, to thank the "Father of lights", and to squeeze His hand tight before we take to the air again.
Everyone keeps telling me "Oh how exciting! You must hardly be able to wait.." and my consistent, predicatable response is "I know! You're right, I'm really excited.." Which is true, in part. But last night I began to understand why that statement sounded so strange in my ears- Those words are not really being truthful to where I'm at. I am excited to be here. I am excited that I am in God's hands, in His plan. And that I'm walking in a way that I hope brings Him glory. But my heart is not ready to fly just yet. And thats okay :)
A friend once told me, "If I'm leaving, it must be because God is finished with me here." And as hard as it was for me to hear those words at the time, I understand the wisdom in her saying that. If the Lord were to change the plan and sweep Charis and I away to Tarma 24 hours from now, it would be alright, great even! I would rejoice because I know His joy and peace I'm experiencing now would travel with me. But right now, the center of His will is exactly where I am. And its good to know I have a little time left, right here, right now.
Its good to know there are three weeks left:)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty"
-Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment