Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Beware when you are obedient to God's will, because you may not ever be comfortable again."

"Sometimes we need to ask ourselves, are we giving of ourselves, or are we just handing out a recipe?"

I found these quotes as I was looking through some old journals from 2010 today. I was struck by how meaningful they were to the journey I will be stepping into tomorrow- a journey not marked by comfort or security but orchestrated by a God far greater than any comfort zone. It would be easy as I head out to be very focused on my self, my perspective, my experience... and to then become confused when I don't see Christ at work. The opposite perspective however, would be to recognize that anything I am or have is already His...and with that knowledge, use the energy He gives me to learn from and love sincerely each person I encounter along my way. Whether its my siblings bright and early, our server at lunch, the baggage man or our flight attendant, I want to be paying attention, looking for opportunities to humbly speak love.

I also just wanted to mention again how incredible our God is in the way He pulls things together. He is huge, He is mighty, and His ways are far beyond our comprehension. I'm still uncertain of what He has planned but I know it is mapped out for every step of our way. Thank you all for your prayers so far and your commitments to pray for us as Charis and I journey out. I want you to know I will be praying for many of you as well, because I recognize that the Lord doesn't need for us to travel far from home to use us where we're at. I look forward to hearing what else He has been up to in your lives by the time I get back home.
Our God is so big, so strong and so mighty. Theres nothing our God cannot do.
Don't forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment