Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I have a confession to make. I have not been walking in faith in an area of my life lately. The deadline for our financial support being in for the Summer Ukraine trip is this friday, and God humbled me this morning with the stark realization that I have not truly had faith that God would bring in the final amount that we (my sister and I) need in order to go. We are only about halfway there. I know this may sound silly, considering the amount that He pulled out of the blue for me to travel to Asia so recently, but its true. It hit me as I was sitting in my lifeguard chair at work this morning, attempting to memorize Hebrews chapter 11, (of all chapters!) and came to verse 6:

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

It was kindof a huge humbling moment for me. I've realized that I do NOT want to be the child of His who sat here, in the midst of so many incredible memories of His faithfulness in the past and chose unbelief. No. From this point forward I have determined to believe my God in faith- even if He does not bless me the way I desire.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. 
 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. " -James 5:16-18

The reason I am writing this right now is to ask for your prayers. I KNOW my God will provide for my needs, but when I came across ^these verses this morning, I realized I need each one of you in this faith journey along with me. Please, would you pray with me? It would mean the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment