Thursday, May 17, 2012

SCALING 
digging in with all my might
praying my fingertips won’t split, because
this milestone is rough to get close to
progression reveals nooks and crannies
depth to the seemingly simple surface of things
and as i learn how to trust myself

letting faith guide my choices on the way up
i begin to fully realize
what this climb entails
how it’s going to change me, strain me
stretch me and test me before i reach
the summit, somewhere
beyond what my eyes can see
and every inch forward means i need
to leave the previous ones behind
since they’re only inches, not who i am now
all that remains on the remains of my past
are some dusty fingerprints


-A.E. Montana

For anyone who doesnt know yet, I am headed on a missions trip to Tarma, Peru this summer. Not just a week or two this time however...I'll be out of country for more than six weeks! I am out-of-my-mind excited because I know without a doubt that this is what the Lord has called me to do, yet I'm also nervous realizing how long seven weeks is. How much I need to trust that the Lord will provide for school next year. How great of a potential this crazy journey has to change me.
I'm full of anticipation, expectation, and joy:)
Please join me in praying as I go!



No comments:

Post a Comment